If you are a ‘blue’ soul, you probably love everything about nature and have a passion for the ocean. When it comes to your prom dress, shades of blue instantly come to mind. There are so many subtle differences in the spectrum and if you are feeling overwhelmed, here are the most popular shades of blue for prom dresses.
- Sky Blue – Radiant and refreshing, sky blue has a hypnotic effect on the senses and goes with tanned skin. Pearls and diamonds with a two-piece number would be the choice. Browse your favourite online boutique for style inspiration; some designers love this appealing shade.
- Royal Blue – A few shades lighter than navy blue, this attractive hue is popular with blondes and girls with a fair complexion and is perfect for that A-line that flares from the waist. Rose gold is the perfect match for royal blue and perhaps a pop of yellow to balance things out. There are so many shades of blue, it can be quite confusing.
- Navy Blue – Check out the top designer navy blue prom dresses from the go-to designer dress boutique near you and you will understand what all the fuss is about. You’ll find stunning creations by Jovani, Sherri Hill and Morilee and you’ll be surprised that they offer affordable options in styles that come in navy blue.
- Neon Blue – Neon has been in for a few years, as the global trend for bright shades rules and sterling silver is the jewellery of choice for this vibrant color. Why not go for a slinky mermaid number in this exciting shade? If you got the curves, the prom is a great chance to display your shape and a glowing neon blue sets you apart.
- Turquoise – Of course, this color has to be on our list, which is a favourite for tanned skin girls, particularly a flowing ball gown with beads. Whatever style, turquoise is often the choice. Match with salmon pink for a perfect contrast; yellow gold works with this combination.
- Cyan – How could we omit the electric hue called cyan, a glowing color that works so well with dark complexions? There are many fine examples with the online designer dress boutique, all at affordable prices. You can search by price, style, color or designer and that helps you find exactly what you’re looking for.
- Air Force Blue – A tinge of gray makes for a smart, formal look, ideal for the business-like sophisticated girl who knows what she wants. Diamonds should be somewhere in the equation, while lavender makes for a great second color with this easy-on-the-eye shade.
- Steel Blue – For the quiet, self-confident girl who sets trends rather than follows them, steely blue hues offer vibrancy and can be combined with many other colors. This is the right colour for a flowing A-line creation, while silver jewellery is preferred.
The list of blues is endless and the above are just some of the best-selling shades at the designer dress boutique, which is the go-to place for top prom dresses.