It is tough looking for quality physicians. Although there are a lot of students taking up medicine and eventually receiving a medical license, a lot of them prefer private practice. They do not want to be employees of hospitals and other medical institutions. If you are running a hospital, it helps if you partner with a physician recruiter to make it quick for you to find the right person to do the job. These are the dos and don’ts as you decide to seek the services offered by these recruiters.
- Set your goals and be clear with your expectations. Before you move forward, it is crucial for the recruiter to know what you want in a physician and how you want to proceed with the selection process. Lack of communication could lead to the wrong person getting hired for the job.
- Think beyond compensation when giving offers. Some doctors accept the job because of the reputation of the hospital recruiting them. However, given the amount of money spent by physicians to study medicine and get their license, they want a job that allows them to receive just compensation. As such, you need to offer more than just money if you are going to attract them. Be specific with the benefits that you are trying to provide.
- Be kind to the recruiter. You are asking someone for a favor. You need to work well with each other. Be nice when dealing with the person, and if you are asking for more demands, you need to be clear about them.
- Giving recruiters exclusivity over the job search. You are asking these experts to help you find the right person for the job. Letting them do everything without any form of supervision or control will be disastrous. You will end up with someone who does not deserve to get the job.
- Hiding information from the recruiter. You need to be open to your recruiter about your business and its status. Do not try to conceal information regarding finances that could turn off potential applicants. The recruiters will try their best to entice applicants by advertising your medical institution well, but not to the point of lying.
- Being closed minded is not going to help. These recruiters know what they are doing. Some of them have been in this industry for a long time. They have a pool of potential applicants. They know what to look for in an applicant. They can do the entire process for you. If they tell you to change a part of your plan or the standards you set, you need to listen to the advice. It does not mean that you need to follow it, but it pays to be open-minded.
You need to have a fantastic working relationship with the recruiter. Having the best physicians working for the hospital will boost its reputation. You want to find the right person from a sea of candidates. Remember to not just settle for anyone who is available because you are in a hurry.
If you want to learn more about our blog, please click here.