The prom is a highlight of every girl’s year and if you are planning an outfit to beat all outfits for 2023, you should start by thinking about fabric. Many fashion designers say that fabric makes a gown and who are we to disagree?
Here is our top 5 list for prom dress fabrics in 2023:
- Chiffon – Very much a traditional look, chiffon offers a floaty look with multi-layer gowns that are perfect for the traditional prom girl. Of course, you need to take good care of chiffon gowns and store them in the right environment. The fabric is very light and is usually combined with another fabric for a layered effect. The best place to find a dreamy prom dress is the online designer dress boutique; they have filters for price, fabric, style, which means you can quickly zero in on gowns that fit your narrative.
- Satin – The ultimate sheen, satin is probably the number one choice for US girls when it comes to a prom gown, and who could blame them? The shine reflects your bubbly personality and color choices are endless. Typically, satin has a shiny side and a matte side, and when you search 2023 prom dress online, you can find top creations in this fabric from a leading designer dress boutique.
- Velvet – A soft and sumptuous fabric in black or blue makes for a Hollywood look, matched with sterling silver jewellery, of course. A high maintenance fabric, velvet can be synthetic or made from silk, which is the best. Top designers offer out-of-this-world velvet prom dresses at the online designer dress boutique. One of the downsides to velvet is it’s a warm fabric, not suitable for the summer but great for a fall prom, which is when most schools hold their annual prom event. Black is probably the most popular color, with red and blue close behind. Browse the online designer dress boutique for the best selection of velvet prom dresses and wear black or red high heels for a sophisticated look.
- Georgette – Many girls prefer the crepe-like texture of georgette, which handles embroidery well and is often paired with sequins for a glitzy look. This fabric is great for creating flowing curves and a corset-waist number is a favorite choice. Georgette has a very tight weave, making it durable; it is made up of many yarns, adding strength. The ultimate is silk georgette, which has a special look and feel that no other fabric brings. For the best selection of silk georgette prom dresses, Google ‘top designer dress boutiques’ and that gives you a list of the best retailers. You can search by fabric for a full selection of silk georgette gowns.
- Crepe – A light, vibrant fabric, crepe adds texture to your look. A tight weave and stretch properties that dress designers love, this fabric is usually layered and flows well, making it ideal for a prom dress. Light colors are preferred and each designer has many shades. The great thing about online shopping for a prom dress is that you can take your sweet time and go back several times to one you like before finally making a choice.
If you ask a dressmaker, she would tell you that fabric should be matched with the wearer’s personality and would probably recommend one of the above for you. Of course, we all have our own taste in clothing. As long as you feel good in what you wear, that is the most important thing.